The core purpose of the Martin Heidegger Society (registered association) is the vigorous and lively engagement with Heidegger’s thinking. The Society wishes to support the study, interpretation, and continuation of the thinking path. We are not only open to well founded and diverse methodological approaches, but also to critical perspectives on Heidegger. The Society welcomes international and interdisciplinary as well as culturally diverse approaches to Heidegger’s thought.
In particular our tasks are the following:
- Funding of publications of texts by Heidegger
- Funding and promotion of research on Heidegger’s thought, especially research by junior academics
- Collaboration with the Deutsches Literaturarchiv in Marbach am Neckar where Heidegger’s literary estate is located. We also cooperate with the Martin Heidegger Archive in Meßkirch
- Organisation and promotion of conferences and other events that are dedicated to Heidegger’s thought and its historical influences
- Collaboration with philosophical societies whose areas of competence and interest coincide with those of the Martin Heidegger Society